Interlink Airlines Pty Ltd. was an airline company headquartered in Johannesburg (JHB), the largest city in South Africa. The airline company operated scheduled and chartered flights out of OR Tambo International Airport, a major hot and high airport located in Kempton Park, Ekurhuleni, Gauteng, South Africa. The services catered by Interlink Airlines included medical rescue as well as transport services for VIPs (Very Important Persons).
Interlink Airlines Pty Ltd. was established in the year 1998. The airline company suffered major losses and long-lasting financial troubles. This led to the suspension of all its flights on the 22nd of February, 2010, and went into liquidation in the succeeding month.
As of the year 2009, Interlink Airlines Pty Ltd. operated their scheduled services to the following countries/cities:
Country - Saudi Arabia:
- Jeddah City - King Abdulaziz International Airport or KAIA (Airport type: Military/Public)
Country – Burundi:
- Bujumbura City - Bujumbura International Airport (Airport type: Public)
Country - South Africa:
- Cape Town City – Cape Town International Airport (Airport type: Public)
- Durban City – King Shaka International Airport or KSIA (Airport type: Public)
- Johannesburg City – O. R. Tambo International Airport (Airport type: Public)
- Kruger National Park (African game reserve) – Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (Airport type: Public)
- Pretoria City – Wonderboom Airport (Airport type: Public)
In the past, Interlink Airlines Pty Ltd. operated a fleet of four Boeing 737-200 aircraft which were equipped with 106 passenger seats (18 of which were in business class). It was considered to be the first of which had been acquired in October 2005, and on the later part of 2009, three units had been withdrawn from service. In addition to this, Interlink Airlines Pty Ltd. had two smaller Embraer EMB 120 Brasilia aircraft between 2006 and 2007.
Disclaimer: This is not the official site of Interlink Airlines Pty Ltd. This is only a fan page. Visit http://www.flyinterlink.co.za// for their official website.